Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process used by RTOs to evaluate a person’s skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning, in Australia or overseas, be it through life experience, work or other activities such as volunteering. RTOs can also provide a credit against units of competency, often shortening the time needed to undertake a qualification.
Anyone who has previous knowledge, experience, or skills that are relevant to the course of study that they want to complete can apply for RPL, regardless of whether your training or experience was in Australia or abroad.
There’re four steps involved in receiving a qualification through RPL:
- A free, no obligation, RPL eligibility assessment provided by AVEA.
- Compiling and submitting your ‘Experience Portfolio’ to provide relevant documentation such as photos and videos of you on the job, references, previous qualifications, current resume etc.
- A qualified assessor, from one of our partnering RTOs, will review the evidence and determine if you are eligible for a qualification via RPL
- If the RTO’s assessor deems you eligible, a relevant qualification will be awarded by the registered training organisation.
Achieving a nationally recognised qualification through AVEA’s partner RTOs can have multiple benefits, including:
- Saving you time and money
- Improved career prospects
- Avoiding the repetition of previous training
- Continuous professional development
- Help with immigration and visa requirements
- NO face to face classroom-study
- Meeting relevant industry & licensing requirements
- Higher education credit exemptions