The National Program for the Implementation of Vocational Education Reform clearly requires that “dual-teacher” teachers account for more than half of the total number of teachers in professional courses, that a number of national-level teaching innovation teams for vocational education teachers be built in various specialties, and that regular training and study visits abroad be organised for key professional teachers from vocational colleges.
In addition, we are actively responding to the requirements of the National Vocational Education Reform Implementation Plan for the training of “dual-teacher” teachers, drawing on and referring to international advanced vocational education training systems, and adopting a strategy of going out and inviting in to train vocational education teachers to high quality standards.
International Teacher Training Program
- Australian Teachers Qualification – TAE
- International Teachers Qualification – IST
- Master Teacher International Accreditation
- Teacher Up-skill Program
- Belt and Road Teacher English Proficiency Enhancement Program
- Student Mental Health Counselling
- Short-term Study Tour
- Long-term Study/Visiting Scholar
- Teachers Qualification Upgrading
- New Teachers in the 21st Century
- Leadership and Management
- Masterclass in Early Childhood Education
- Masterclass in Health Management
- Masterclass in Aged Care
- Masterclass in Rail Transportation
- Masterclass in Cyber Security
- Masterclass in Accounting
- Masterclass in Agriculture
- Masterclass in Food Science
- Masterclass in Tourism
- Masterclasses in Event Management
- Masterclass in Finance
- Masterclass in E-Commerce
Note: Training programs can be tailored to suit the training needs and teachers’ development objectives.
AVEA integrates high-quality international educational resources and organises a team of experienced experts to help you review and evaluate the current curriculum, and provide full range of professional services to help you design and/or reform your curriculum to an international standard.
Our areas of specialisation cover Accounting, Business and Management, Tourism, Event Management, Hospitality, Information Technology, Engineering, Early Childhood Education, e-Commerce, Aged Care, Logistics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Landscaping, Marketing, etc.
It is well known that Australian vocational education is highly collaborative between industry and education, with a national qualifications framework, a national regulatory and quality assurance system and a well-established vocational teacher accreditation system. TAFE (Technical and Further Education, or TAFE) is the representative of the typical vocational education model that has been recognised and adopted by more and more countries around the world
TAFE Education Mode Reform Project aims to deeply investigate the key components of Australia vocational education system including Competency oriented Curriculum and competency based training and assessment, and most importantly to contextualise and integrate those concepts, methodologies into the teaching practice of Beijing vocational colleges and schools.
The project provides the opportunities for vocational teachers, colleges and schools to test out new ideas that have been used in other countries and develop their own education system that can be recognised internationally while represents Beijing and China.
This long-term project is not only about learning new concepts and skills, but is more focusing on how to localise and put into practice effectively.
- Universities and Vocational Schools/Colleges in China collaborates with educational institute from another country to cultivate international talents through a coherent approach, dovetailing with overseas higher vocational education, undergraduate education up to professional master’s education.
- Both parties jointly develop integrated talent training programs, through which the students will be able to learn subjects from both Chinese and Foreign curriculum, experience foreign teaching styles, master a foreign language and have chances of study tours and further study abroad.
- To explore the construction of a modern vocational education talent training system that links higher vocational education – applied undergraduate – master’s degree, so as to build a distinctive, world-class vocational institution with international competitiveness in talent training.
The range of courses includes Accounting, Business and Management, Early Childhood Education, Aged care, Mechanical engineering, Electromechanics/Robotics, Smart home, Urban Planning, Renewable Energy Technology, Business Informatics, Computer science, Information and Communication Systems and services, Tourism, Event management, Hospitality, Logistics, Marketing, etc.
Course replacement is the partial replacement of existing courses in vocational schools with courses in the same area and at the same level from overseas education providers. Depending on the specialism, the compulsory or optional courses of the relevant institution are partially replaced by units of overseas institutions; the existing academic education model is reformed by using practical teaching methods and practical course contents; the foreign curriculum system can be used to fill up the gaps of the original academic education curriculum system, meeting the needs of international skilled talents and allowing the students to learn international courses without going abroad. Of course, this project can prepare the students for study abroad in the future if they want, and help them become more competitive in the labor market.
The partner institutions can select the replacement units based on the similarities and differences between the Chinese and international curriculums, taking into account the actual situation of the institution. The partner institution can then work together to establish a final teaching program and the actual teaching plan.
Course replacement will help colleges/schools to improve in four aspects:
- Learning resources: outdated learning materials that are out of touch with the real world needs → advanced learning materials that meet international standards.
- Education mode: traditional subject-based education with an emphasis on theory → a project-oriented learning model with an emphasis on practice.
- School management: new ideas for training and learning management.
- Learning support and services: provides an international network of resources, teaching, technology, marketing and international exchange and other shared resources.
This program is aiming to provide a general awareness of advanced concepts in international vocational education, encourage reflection on teachers own teaching philosophy, and understanding of the relationship between competency standards and learning outcomes.
The foundation modules are specifically designed for the continuous development and continuing education work of teachers in vocational institutes.
The interactive learning resources on AVEA’s online learning platform will automatically record the activities and progress of participants, including: online learning duration, assignments and task completion status, assignment quality, which can be used as proof of teachers’ continuing education.
The TVET CBT Foundation Modules consists of six modules as below:
- TVET International Perspective and Thinking
- Competency-based Training System and Australia National Vocational Qualifications Framework
- Facilitate Learners Competency
- Assess Learners Competency
- Learner Differences and Needs
- Professional Development and Life-long Learning of Trainers and Assessor
Early Childhood Education is a recent developed research area. In the past 30 years, with the development of science and technology and increasing attention from the public, there has been great changes in early childhood education industry, the demand for early childhood educators with an international perspective, design thinking and creative thinking has increased rapidly.
This series of courses aims to help participants to understand new concepts of early childhood education, explore new methods, investigate new ideas, and develop their knowledge and skills required to work in early childhood industry and to teach in this area in a vocational education context.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to obtain the international training certificate.
Short Training Programs
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Learning through Play – Nature Exploration
- Play to Learn – Designing and Setting up Activities
- Curriculum Design – Process and Strategies
- Daily Routines and Activities
- Child Observation and Learning Stories
- Curriculum Design – Developing Children’s Interests and Abilities
- Curriculum Design – Promoting Children’s Overall Development
- Early Childhood STEAM Education
- Transition to Big School
- Infant and toddler care (0-3 years old)
- 12. Learning experiences for infants and toddlers
- 13. Principles of interaction and children’s language skills
- 14. Sustainability in early learning environment
- 15. Circle of security for professionals
- 16. Family collaboration
- 17. EYLF – learning outcomes
- 18. EYLF – Principles and Practice
- 19. Work Health and Safety for Educators
- 20. Behaviour guidance
- 21. Emergency and child supervision
- 22. Child protection
At present, the issue of ageing population is becoming a growing global concern. It is estimated that by 2050, the world’s population aged 60 and over will be double that of today, with China’s ageing population reaching 440 million. This will pose serious challenges to the economic structures, healthcare systems, social services and cultural traditions of many countries, including China.
Australia has a rich experience in aged care, which began in 1940, and has established a relatively well-developed system of aged care services and training for aged care professionals, which has become one of the world’s leading examples of excellent practice.
The Aged Care Professional Theme Series focuses on up-to-date knowledge and practical skills development, engaging participants through role-playing, case studies and group work to explore contemporary standards, concepts and practices in the aged care industry.
- An introduction to the framework and theory of the Australian aged care education profession
- Introduction to the Australian Aged care system, policies and regulations
- Introduction to aged care practice and skills
- Communicating with seniors and families
- Assistance and services in daily living
- Support health-related issues
- Care for people with disabilities
- Care for people with dementia
- Palliative care
- Positive ageing and elders wellbeing
This is an international course on innovation and entrepreneurship for Chinese vocational institutions designed by AVEA in collaboration with Professor Antony Jacobson, Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Hebrew University in Israel and Director of the Centre for Healthcare Innovation at the Health and Care Institute (HCI) in Australia, this course is closely aligned with the construction and innovation of dual innovation education and healthcare-related professional curricula in Chinese vocational institutions, and includes not only innovation and entrepreneurship education concepts and practices, but also international healthcare innovation theories, technologies and practices.
Through this professional and systematic training, teachers involved in entrepreneurship and innovation education will get up-skilled to ensure quality training programs can be provided to students to facilitate their knowledge and skills in innovation and entrepreneurship. Meanwhile, the integration of industry-university-research will be accelerated.
- The true meaning of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Reversing the risk
- Multiple types of entrepreneurs
- Amplifying emotions
- If you believe you can do it
- The importance of branding and branding
- Trends for the next 3 – 20 years
- 3Es and 3Ps
- Changes in the world situation and implications
Study in Australia and Europe
University of Newcastle (UON), Australia
1. UON offers postgraduate opportunities for tertiary graduates with a number of scholarships
2. Master’s in Business (MBA, Marketing, Professional Accounting, Applied Finance, etc.)
3. Master’s degree in Information Technology (IT) (Business Data Analysis, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Research, etc.)
4. two-year work visa after graduation, high chance of immigration
Melbourne Polytechnic (Australia) Degree Programs
1. undergraduate programs in civil engineering, information technology, education, accounting, business, hospitality management, agricultural technology, etc.
2. postgraduate courses in accounting and entrepreneurial industry development
3. IELTS exemption for internal English language testing
4. two-year work visa after graduation, high chance of immigration
University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien (Austria)
1. undergraduate programs in mechanical industry, mechatronics/robotics, smart home and assistive technology, urban renewable energy technology, business informatics, computer science, information and communication systems and services
2. postgraduate programs in mechatronics/robotics, games engineering and simulation technology
3. the Vienna University of Applied Sciences is located in a permanently neutral country in the heart of Europe and is publicly funded
4. Austria’s first and largest university of applied sciences, renowned for its technology
5. German and English language preparatory courses for different language levels
6. No APS examinations required for undergraduate and master’s programs
AVEA’s Study Tour Program offers a unique opportunity for high school students, university students and professionals to train for education, gain international vocational qualifications and seek professional development.
Why is AVEA’s Study Tour Program the best choice for you?
Through its strong education network, AVEA can offer a wide range of visiting training programs at secondary schools, TAFE technical and further education institutions and universities in Australia and Europe, and can provide you with training that is accredited for global quality.
All our institutions are Australian and European government public schools with extensive experience in study away training and high quality accreditation, and our faculty are experts in this field.
We will design a program to suit your needs. Students are able to experience the local lifestyle abroad, sample the local cuisine and further immerse themselves in the local culture. This includes a homestay with a local family.
Students receive extensive training and English language practice opportunities during their study visit, as well as gaining widely recognised qualifications that will be particularly sought after by employers seeking internationally experienced staff who are able to adapt to an international work environment.
At the same time, AVEA also regularly sends and organises professional and cultural exchanges between Australian and European students in China to enhance mutual understanding and professional interaction between Chinese and international students on multiple levels.